Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The first Banana Cream

When I decided I was going to seriously make pies and try to perfect them, I remember Tobi saying "Do you think you can make me a cream pie?" I was a little nervous at first, but said, "Sure. I'll accept your pie challenge." Thus I looked up a recipe for a banana cream pie and realized I had all the ingredients for it. I was shocked! I did make it for him that day and I was actually impressed. It came out good. Banana Cream has always been one of my favorite kind of pies so I was more than happy to make this one. This was one of the first pies that I am comfortable making. Once I felt comfortable with it, I stopped making it. In fact it's been a while since I have made a banana cream. I made this one in particular on March 19, 2011. I have gone from making your plain traditional banana cream pie to switching up the crusts and toppings. I was asked by a friend to make a chocolate banana cream pie. I'm actually very excited at what he has proposed. I love new pie challenges and new pie ideas. So if there is something you want, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment