Friday, June 3, 2011

More Queen Desirae's w/o lattice

This pie is from the Queen Desirae weekend. I had company over three nights in a row and of course, interestingly enough, each couple asked for a pie. Well lets face it, even if they didn't ask, I still made it. I'm forcing every one to eat pie now a days. Ha! Anyways... the Queen Desirae pie is originally made with a lattice going diagonally across and rolled out on the thin side. I don't know if you have already noticed but I have a tendency to dress my pies with some kind of sun or flower when I don't have time or energy to make the lattice. These pies were pretty good. I'm still trying to get the top edges of my crust right. For some reason they come out too thin. I think it might have something to do with the tin I am using. But sometimes they will come out good.
Before I finished this pie I had cut up my apples and strawberries and just laid them out. I thought they looked cute together with my marble rolling pin so I took this picture. The story behind my marble rolling pin is my mom got it for me at "El Ruedas" which is where she finds us alot of cool stuff. She came over on Wed night and used it to make tortillas de harina and had forgotten she bought it for me. Ah I can't tell you enough how much I love it!

For this pie, fresh granny smith apples and fresh strawberries work best. You can actually taste each separately in every bite. *Mouth Watering* Especially as I had mentioned before the texture is way better and the slices of pie look more appealing when you are looking at the fruit part. I also made this pie back in mid March.

No comments:

Post a Comment